Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Great quotes about God!

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
Mother Teresa

 “I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.”
Mother Teresa

 “The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.”
C.S. Lewis


“God will not look you over for medals, degrees or diplomas but for scars.”
Elbert Hubbard
 
“If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
C.S. Lewis
 
“I have faith that God will show you the answer. But you have to understand that sometimes it takes a while to be able to recognize what God wants you to do. That's how it often is. God's voice is usually nothing more than a whisper, and you have to listen very carefully to hear it. But other times, in those rarest of moments, the answer is obvious and rings as loud as a church bell.”
Nicholas Sparks, The Last Song 
 
“I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: "Go down again - I dwell among the people.”
John Henry Newman 
 
“Sometimes God allows what he hates to accomplish what he loves.”
Joni Eareckson Tada, The God I Love  
 

No comments: