Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Obey God

How important is it that we obey God?  We often say that He will forgive us no matter what but what does it really mean to obey Him?

1 Samuel 15:22
 But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

 Romans 2:13 (NIV) For it is not those who hear the law that are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Psalm 25:10 (NIV) All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of the covenant.

John 8:32 (TEB) "If you obey my teaching you are really my disciples; you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

John 15:10 (NIV) "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."

Deuteronomy 11:26-27 (NIV) "See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse--the blessing if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today."

Exodus 19:5 (NIV) "Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of the nations you will be my treasured possession."

Numbers 24:7 (NIV) "...Because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land..." (Read context in Numbers 14.)

Hebrews 4:6 (NIV) It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience.

1 John 3:21-22 (NIV) Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

 John 14:23-24 (NIV) Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching... He who does not love me will not obey my teaching."

1 John 2:4-5 (Phi) The man who claims to know God but does not obey his laws is not only a liar but lives in self-delusion. But the more a man obeys God's laws the more truly and fully does he show his love for him. Obedience is the test of whether we live in God or not.

So pretty quickly looking at these verses from the Bible we see that obedience is very important.  Through our obedience He blesses us, He answers our prayers.  So when you may have some doubt what He wants for your life just start with obedience and He will lead you.  He wants you to be obedient.

No comments: